Wanting to get out on the water- but unsure where to try; check out our guide to some of the best beginner spots in our local area!
1. Rhos on Sea Harbour - Late Mid - High Tide, when the tide is pushing in.
A picturesque spot to paddle around with plenty of cafes to choose from, and sandy beach just in front of the harbour.
2. Llyn Geirionydd - Inland lake in Snowdonia.
Parking available at the lake with picnic spots and easy launching. Can get busy on weekends and holidays, and the drive up is narrow/winding.
3. Llandudno - West Shore - Late Mid - High Tide when the tide is pushing in.
Amazing views of Snowdonia - Anglesey. Great place to watch the sunset. Easy launching from the beach, or in front of the Cafe lower down.
4. Llandudno - North Shore - Mid - High Tide when the tide is pushing in.
Pay to park along the promenade and paddle in front of the majestic Lower Pen Trwyn, Great Orme.
5. Colwyn Bay - Mid - High Tide when the tide is pushing in.
Pay to park close to Porth Eirias, where there are facilities and sand, even at high tide to enjoy your picnic.
Gets good shelter from the wind (anything with a westerly aspect)